Wednesday, July 27, 2011

wow.

Has it been that long?

Was my last post really July 9th?  Oopsie.

I guess it goes without saying that it's been a crazy few weeks.

I've just finished up with summer camp.  Thank goodness.  I don't really mind it, and it is good money, but it doesn't leave much time for anything else.  I was tired.  I think I'm still recovering.  I have one more day (Friday) because they need me to sub for another counselor and then I'm off for the rest of the summer.  Four more weeks of freedom before school begins again.

I was able to squeeze a little bit of sewing time in over the past three weeks.  I finished up my needle book for the Sewn Spaces Swap.

needle book

My partner asked for brown, which was challenging for me because I didn't have much brown in my stash, but I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.

needle book inside

I made the pins with beads, stick pins, and a bit of jewelry glue.  I think they're adorable!

I also did some shopping for the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee.

Hive 11 Fabric

And decided on my block.  I made this one with my chosen colors - gray, aqua, and green.

4x5 Bee Block Trial - Hive 11

I absolutely love the way it came out - and it has been so popular in the group that they have asked me to write a tutorial for our next newsletter!  How awesome is that?  I'm very excited and will be working on it next week.

I have some other projects in the works...will share soon!

1 comment:

  1. Lainey, I love this star! Thanks for sharing it with the guild today. I love stars on quilts but I have been looking for one with more of a modern vibe and this is it. I can't wait for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete